It's fun to rev up traditional recipes and this one for zucchini bread gets a health boost…
Chocolate Chip and Chia Seed Cookie Recipe
These easy to make, light and airy cookies make a great breakfast or snack food. They fill you up and provide fiber, protein and a bunch of nutrients. They’re low in carbs and do not contain grain, butter, eggs or white sugar. HELLO!
It takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Cookies
Recipe created by Cindy at Home Grown Fun
- 2 cups almond meal, or almond flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, soft but not melted OR olive oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar OR pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract OR almond extract
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water added only after all the ingredients are mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients first and then add all other ingredients. Mix well. It might be best to mix dry ingredients first but I’m too lazy.
- Add the tablespoon of water and mix.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until the edges turn slightly crispy or brown.
IMPORTANT! Do not remove the cookies to a cooling rack. Move the baking sheet to a non-heated, protected surface and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet without moving for at least 10 minutes. Cool at least 1 hour before packaging up for friends.
- Calories Per Cookie: 101.5
- Fat 8.3 grams Sat 3.1g, Polyunsat .2g, Monosat 0g.
- Cholesterol 0
- Sodium 25.7mg
- Potassium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbs 5.8g
- Fiber 1.6g
- Sugars 1.4g
- Protein 2.4g
- Vitamin E 11.7%
- Calcium 2.7%
- Iron 3.6%
- Magnesium 7.5%